Throughout the nineties, Anders Kristensson has been absorbed in his "Portrait From
an Unpopulated Country", an on-going series of color portraits showing the people
who live in Sweden.
Kristensson studied anthropology at the University of Lund 1981-83 and later studied
photography at the University of Gothenburg 1987-90. Thanks to the number of
grants awarded to him, Kristensson has been able to travel widely in Sweden in order
to develop the "Portrait From an Unpopulated Country". These trips, from his home
town Malmö in southern Sweden, are usually made in his small car, crammed with
photographic equipment, a generator, sleeping bag etc.
In most cases, Kristensson becomes familiar with the people he photographs. He
spends time with them to learn more about their way of life. When Kristensson feels
they are comfortable, he highlights them against their background.
Kristensson is much in demand as an exhibitor. In recent years his busy schedule has
included contributions to two group shows at the Museum of Photography in Moderna
Museet, Stockholm, and in Turin, Italy. Recent he has contributed to "Images ´95´ in
Vevey, Switzerland, as well as other showings in Sweden and Denmark.
In recent magazine interview, Kristensson said:
"Someone who looked at my pictures observed that the people in them appeared to
be contemplating themselves. That, I thought, was rather fine."
» Contact Anders Kristensson, email@example.com
- ONE MAN SHOWS
- Solen, "Utan jordmån". Halmstad 1980
- Galleri Irving. "Swedish Group Portraits". Malmö,1991
- Fotografiskt Galleri. "Swedish Group Portraits". Copenhagen, 1992
- GROUP EXHIBITIONS
- Göteborgs konstmuseum, 1988.
- Göteborgs konstmuseum, 1989.
- Naturhistoriska musset, "Dirt", Göteborg, 1989.
- Fotograficentrum, "The Holiday Trip", Göteborg, 1990.
- Hasselblad Center, "End", Göteborg, 1990.
- Fotograficentrum, "Posing, roll, identity", Stockholm, 1991.
- Moderna Museet, "Equal With", Stockholm 1992. (Moscow 93, Turin 93)
- Liljevals konstmuseum, "De refuserade", Göteborg, 1994.
- Images 95, Vevey Schweiz, 1995.
- Göteborgs stadsbibliotek, Hasselblad centers summerexhibition, 1995.
- "The 12 dancing princesses", installation. Malmöfestivalen, 1995.
- Talbot Rice Gallery, "The european face", Edinburgh, Scotland, 1995.
- Malmö konsthall, SFF 100 år, 1995.
- M/S Kronenborg, "The European Face", Copenhagen, 1996.
- Konstnärsnämnden, arbetsstipendium, Stockholm, 1991.
- Nämnden för konstnärligt utvecklingsarbete, Göteborgs universitet 1991.
- SIDA, resebidrag för fotografer och journalister, Stockholm, 1992.
- Konstnärsnämnden, arbetsstipendium, Stockholm, 1993-1994.
- Hasselbladsstiftelsen, Hotel Chevillion (Frankrike), Göteborg, 1995.
- Prix de la coloueur, Vevey Schweiz 1995.
- Museum of Photography, Stockholm.
- Hasselblad center, Göteborg.
- Images, Vevey Schweitz.
- Sarajevo artmuseum for modern art.
- Social Anthropology Department, University of Lund 1979-1981.
- Photography Department, University of Gothenburg, 1987-1990.